Monday, November 3, 2008

An Enjoyable Weekend

What beautiful weather we had this weekend! Although we both worked over the weekend, we did find time for football, a walk, and pie baking.
Speaking of pies. One of my favorite TV shows is Pushing Up Daisies. Such a fun, whimsical, fantasy kind of show. The main setting of each show is at Ned's pie shop, the Pie Hole. I recommend everyone watch it. I think it airs Wednesday nights at 8pm on ABC.

And it gets me in the mood to bake pies... so here is my first attempt at baking an apple pie from scratch! It was very yummy thanks to Grandma J's pie crust recipe.

I now just need to practice my pie edging technique. Next I think I'll try another attempt at a cranberry apple crumble pie. Last fall I tried baking this pie, and it didn't turn out so great. It was more of a "cranberry apple big blob of sugar and butter on top" pie. Once again, my crumbling technique needed perfecting. Stay tuned for round 2 on both of these pies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's a good looking pie! You learned quickly from Grandma J's pie lesson. It's pretty funny-during my grain cart magazine reading sessions I pulled out a few pages on pie making for you and they address perfecting edges. It said to keep the dough well chilled-remove each crust from the fridge just before rolling.

Anyway, that pie looks awesome. Now I'm hungry!

Lots of Love
Mom