Last week before we left for Easter we had a Drs appointment where they said we could start to transition away from Will's feeding tube! So we have gradually started. The main concern is for Will to continue to get the right amount of calories. He has to have 27 -32 oz in a day so we keep track of how much he is taking in. If he doesn't get the recommended amount we hook up the feeding tube for a night time drip. So far he's done quite well. He is mostly breastfed. A few bottles during the day too. I can estimate how much he is getting when nursing since I've been pumping for the past 2 months. So far he isn't quite making it to 27 oz on his own. In the bottle the most he'll take is 3 oz. We are still giving him a night time drip of 10 oz that is fortified. Our goal is to have him taking 4 oz thru the bottle by the end of the month. We are really proud of him! Lately he is really starting to show his personality - he's a mover and a talker.
And this weekend - Grandma D got Will to laugh for the first time! Of course I didn't have my video camera along but when we got home I did capture Daddy getting Will to laugh too.
2 comments:
Hahahaha! Such a funny daddy! Can't wait to see Will again soon. He's getting so big! Love you guys!
music to our ears ... <3
Post a Comment