Sunday, May 9, 2010

My First Mother's Day



What a great Mother's Day weekend! Yes, I was spoiled and received a full weekend to be pampered. Yesterday I got a pedicure with a dear friend and then went for some coffee. Then later in the day we viewed some homes on the Spring Tour of Homes. And that night we watched a movie after the little one was down.

Today I got to sleep in til 7! We then went to a brunch buffet at 9 am (to beat the rush). Since I'm still nursing and constantly hungry I finally felt like I got my $ worths at a buffet! Then we came home and lounged around where I got a 2 hour nap!! We grilled some steaks tonight and went and got ice cream. I received some nice cards and some great gifts from my boys. They picked out some more charms for the charms bracelet I got when Will was born. I also received a CD of Mommy & Baby photos that I had done a few weeks ago. The hubby kept them a secret of being done and had his favorite one printed in a 8 x 10 size. So sweet!! But becoming a Mommy is the greatest gift of all.


Reasons Why I Love Being a Mom
1. Receiving a grand reception every morning when walking into your room. You smile everytime as if you haven't seen me in years.
2. No better exercise program than nursing, getting up and down throughout the day from the play mat, picking up toys numerous times from the floor.
3. Seeing my husband holding you - nothing sexier than that (well maybe changing a dirty diaper).
4. An excuse to be silly and make up silly songs and faces
5. You love me no matter what I am wearing (spit up on the shirt or robe, unmatched outfits), what I am doing, or how long it's been since I last showered.
6. naptimes
7. a peaceful, sleeping baby
8. reading for the 100th time Goodnight Moon - but it is as good as the first







No comments: