Monday, November 8, 2010

Sweet Baby Brynn

A few posts ago I announced that I became an Aunt to a beautiful baby girl - Brynn.

Brynn has had quite an eventful first two weeks of life. Just days after getting home from the hospital Brynn had to be rushed to Sioux Falls due to a seizure she had during the night. It's been a very trying time and a rollercoaster of emotions for everyone. She's now been in the hospital for a little over a week. She's had many tests done - MRI, CAT scan, EEGs, blood work, etc. All of the big tests have come back normal which is a good thing. They've tried a couple of different medications to keep her seizures under control. Early last week they thought her medication and dosage was right for them to go home but the night before discharge she experienced seizures. It felt like they were back to square one.

On Saturday Will and I traveled over to meet Brynn. Friday was a good day for Brynn and they thought she was back on the road to recovery. But when we arrived Saturday afternoon Brynn had the most seizures she's had since being admitted. What was suppose to be a day to enjoy Brynn became a very stressful day for everyone. Scott and Lindsey have shown such strength in this difficult time. My mom and her mom have been down in Sioux Falls since being admitted last week. I know their help is greatly appreciated by them. It also brings up very hard memories for me. Having gone through the same emotions just under a year ago. But it also gives me faith - cause I now look at my little boy and can't believe that 11 months ago he went through 2 surgeries and three different hospital stays.

I was able to capture a photo of Grandma and Grandpa with their TWO grandkids. I forgot to take any close up photos of Brynn. I was too busy holding her! But she is just precious. So tiny and so perfect. Her hair has gotten darker and Lindsey thinks are eyes might be changing to brown. She has long fingers and toes like her momma and has the cutest little cheeks that she gets from her daddy. She is just beautiful!


As of today - she has done really well on her medications. She's been seizure free for over 24 hours. If she goes through the night with no seizures they will be discharged tomorrow. Thank you for all the prayers you have been sending to our family. And please keep them coming! Tonight is a big night.

1 comment:

Tami LeFebvre said...

LOVE the pic of G'pa & G'ma Binger with the babies :) Hoping Brynn has continued to do well and Scott & Lindsey are finally getting to breathe a little easier. Hugs to all & hope to get to meet her at Will's Birthday Party!!! Love & miss you sll so very much ~ xox, G'ma T