Monday, October 3, 2011

hello October!

Where did September go?

I guess keeping busy in Florida made the time fly by. Hard to believe we have only 3 1/2 weeks left in October before we drive back to the frozen tundra.  :)

October is my favorite month with the changing of the leaves, the pumpkins everywhere, the cinnamon spice scent in my home, and of course the return of the pumpkin spiced lattes at Starbucks! We are feeling cooler temps here in Florida. The weather down here is so exact! As soon as the calendar flips to a new month, the temps change right along with it. The past few mornings it's been in the mid 60's with temps reaching high 70's by the afternoon. Gorgeous weather.

Last week I forgot to blog about a new restaurant we tried. It's called Cap's and is so far our favorite restaurant. Might be because we went for our dinner date, so the fact that we got to eat uninterrupted by a toddler played a large role in why we liked it so much. :)

A view looking at the restaurant from the dock. Very cool to eat under the spanish moss covered trees. 



1 comment:

Grammy D said...

I just loved the neat little restaurants by the water. And I have sure been craving that delicious shrimp instead of the boring sack lunches in the combine! Make sure you eat lots of it this month!!