Friday, January 4, 2013

Holiday Recap Interruption

I have to interrupt my holiday recap posts to talk about the end of our Christmas vacation in Tulare. On our last day Will started to feel yucky with a fever. During the middle of the night DH went upstairs to rock with Will. Around 1 am I was up with Evie when I heard a loud thud coming from the stairs. I rushed out to find DH and Will halfway down the stairs. Will wasn't scared or crying, he didn't fall. Daddy protected him during the fall, but Daddy was in a lot of pain. I've never seen Daddy so hurt before. I woke up my parents to help since both kiddos were up too. DH thought he broke his ankle so my dad took him to Redfield for x-rays. While getting DH ready to leave, Will threw up in his bed. I was able to get Evie back down, but Will wasn't feeling good so he slept the rest of the night with me. Around 4 am DH and my dad got home. Thankfully, no fractures, but a really bad sprain. He was on crutches. The next morning we were taking off for Rochester. Again, thankfully, my parents were planning to go over to Rochester too since my uncle had surgery the next day at Mayo. So I drove their Yukon with DH and Evie as passengers. DH was able to sit in the 2nd row and take care of his ankle and Evie. Will rode in our vehicle with Grandma and Grandpa. We arrived in Rochester that evening with no car sick kids. Will still was running fevers and upset stomach pains so yesterday I took him to the doctor. He has an ear infection and we think something viral too because of the upset stomach. He's back on an antibiotic. DH went to work on crutches and is learning how to maneuver with limited ability. This momma is just trying to keep afloat with basically taking care of three babies.  :)   My parents were a huge help yesterday as I was able to get Will to the doctor and get DH to a clinic to get a walking boot. Again, thankfully DH isn't on call this weekend so we have a weekend to try to heal our family. But it looks like Evie is running a fever today too. Let's pray she doesn't get what Will has.

No comments: