Thursday, January 9, 2014

Hello 2014

I realize I haven't posted since the new year. Not because I haven't had time, but because nothing really has been happening. We have had a low-key 2014 and that is alright with me. After the holidays it is nice to have some time to unwind. During Will's school break he went to the farm for a weekend and loved it! He got to play out in the snow, on the snowpile and go sledding behind the four-wheeler. This was before the -40 degree with windchill weather hit. We've been home playing with all of our new toys. And we went swimming at the Y for a break from the house.

This week we are getting back into our routine. Will started school again and Evie started her music class. Coming up this weekend, Will starts swimming lessons on Saturday mornings and then the following week he starts ice skating lessons twice a week for a month. So we are ending our low-key new year.

What's new with Evie? Well, she is having surgery on the 23rd. Since birth Evie has had a blocked tearduct. If it hasn't gone away after the first year then the only way to clear it is with surgery. It is a minor surgery where her anesthesia is gas and they go in and probe the tear duct to clear away the blockage. Daddy will be there to help her fall asleep before the surgery.

DH and I have started a diet. Right after Christmas we started Advocare. We did the 10 day cleanse and not onto the 14 clean eating/max phase. We are doing good and obeying.  :)  No sugars,  no fats, no cheese, and (gasp) no alcohol and no coffee! After 12 days DH has lost over 10 pounds and I, seven. It helps that we are doing it together and we already feel so much more energy.

But that is about all with us. That is a rundown of the beginning of 2014.

Sledding with Grandma. Papa only dumped them twice :)

Will's snack for Preschool. I may have been on Pinterest a little over break



No comments: