Thursday, August 20, 2015

First Day of Kindergarten

Will had his first day of Kindergarten yesterday! He is attending Roncalli Primary School. The night before school, we attended his open house where we met his teacher, Mrs. Miller, and got to see his spot at the table and his cubbie in the hallway.

At the open house, seated in his spot

The past couple of days, he hadn't been acting like himself. So before bed we asked him if he was nervous or scared about anything. He said he was scared about all the new kids at school. (Mommy felt pretty sad after hearing this).

But the next morning he was excited and ready to go! Evie and I dropped him off inside the gym (that's where drop off is before school starts). He found a couple of friends that he played Tball with. And one of the boys, Eli, was wearing the same shoes as Will. So life was good. I got a big smile, hug and kiss. Evie and I did pretty good for our first day together. I missed him alot during the day. I was anxious to see him. Evie, well, I think she is enjoying the one-on-one time right now. Not so much missing her brother. ;)
For pick up, DH was home from work and went with us. He was all smiles and hugs when he spotted us out front of the school. He said school was good. He got to eat lunch with fifty kids! :)



No comments: