I never did mention how we told our parents that we were expecting. I always knew that for our first born I wanted to surprise our parents with the announcement. Especially since this was my parents first grandbaby.
Back in May we took a trip to Jamaica to celebrate DH graduating from medical school. I was early in my pregnancy but had an idea of how to announce our pregnancy. The trip was nice. Thankfully I never got too sick in my first trimester.
A week or two after we arrived home from vacation my in-laws had a graduation party for DH. My parents decided to surprise DH by attending the graduation party in his hometown. They informed me of the surprise. I knew that this was the perfect time to announce to both sides of the family at the same time!
So on Sunday morning before everyone took off after the graduation party weekend, we had our parents sit down at the kitchen table to look through our vacation pictures. And the very last picture, on the very last page in the photo album was this ................
DH and I sat there watching their facial expressions change from shock to joy. Many tears and hugs were shared! It was a fun way to announce our excitement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Indeed-the moment was priceless. It was the best surprise EVER and you pulled it off beautifully. I will never forget it!!!!!!!!!
Love to all three of you!
Mom & Dad B
This is so fun! Great idea! It is so rare that you can have both sides of the family together at the same time. I remember how excited my parents were when they knew their first grandchild was coming. Good for you! Also, I LOVE the changing table and when did you learn to knit? I'm totally jealous! I was going to pack my needles and yarn for India as I'm still learning. However, our bags are just plum full and this had to be set aside for a rainy day. Someday maybe I will have a black, red, and yellow blanket for my husband. Those are the German national flag colors. I guess I have 9 months till our 1 year anniversary I could start working on that now!
This was definately one of my "best ever" days! You 2 have that "surprise" thing down to a science :)
With love,
Nana T
Post a Comment