Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Update on Will

We had our follow up doctors appointment at the Burn unit for Will's hands on Monday. It didn't go as well as we had planned. I think our Doctor in the initial appointment was a little too optimistic. We were told a week ago that he would be 95 - 99% healed by Monday and no need for skin grafting. So we were expecting to see great results. Instead, we saw almost the same conditions on Will's hands. There has been improvement but this doctor (the oldest doctor of the group) wasn't as optimistic. Most of Will's palms are bright red which is a good sign, but there are 2 small white spots on each palm that is concerning. Those spots need to change to red and the rest of his palms need to keep healing in order for us not to do skin grafting. Will is bandaged back up like before (only his little thumbs stick out) and needing to stay in these bandages for another week. We go back on Monday and hope (I should say pray) that there has been progress. If no progress then we have to discuss surgery and the skin grafting needed on his palms.

I feel a deep pit in my stomach of just the thought of another surgery. I'm trying to keep strong for Will. He's such a sweet boy. I was crying on Adam's shoulder and Will reached over for me and gave me the biggest hug his little body could give me. I'm trying to remember during this holiday season all I have to be thankful for .......

We just ask our blogging friends to keep us in your thoughts and say a little prayer for Will and his hands.

We'll keep you posted next week and hopefully it will be a more uplifting post.

No comments: