So our week hasn't started off to a great start. Saturday night Will vomited for 4 hours during the night. We first thought it might have been brought on by the chocolate I gave him after supper. Babies and chocolate can cause upset stomachs. (I didn't know that) Poor little guy was ready for bed, rocking with Mommy in the chair when he started to vomit everywhere. About four hours later, 3 loads of laundry later, 3 pairs of pajamas later, 2 sets of sheets later, we were able to sleep through the night.
Now take the last 48 hours. Both DH and I are sick. Will is much better at being sick than his parents. He didn't cry at all. Monday night DH and I came down with a stomach bug about an hour apart of each other. DH got home from work that night and commented on how his stomach didn't feel well. About an hour later I too was feeling some yuckiness setting in. That evening Will had to entertain himself as we were both visiting the bathroom multiple times and curled up on the living room floor. It would've been a little better if one parent was able to function. But both of us being sick and trying to get a one-year-old ready for bed was pretty challenging. Here's a little look into our bedtime routine
Me: "Hun, can you change him? I have bad stomach pains right now. I don't think I can pick him up."
DH picks up Will to place him on the changing table then runs into the bathroom.
Me: rocking Will and reading his bedtime book. Trying to hold out til he is starting to get sleepy.
I can't make. Laying Will in his crib makes my stomach loose it. I'm running into the bathroom.
ugg. what a night
We are feeling better today. We are able to keep down some food, but still have the body aches. Hopefully tomorrow we all will be back to 100%.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh-being sick is not fun! and then to have it hit you both-ouch!! Glad you are getting better.
Love, mom
So sorry to hear that!!! Times like these I wish so much we were closer so we could help out :'( Good to know you are feeling better ~ love & hugs to all
Post a Comment