Yesterday was "one of those days" when things just weren't going well in our household. It started off by finding my phone in a puddle of water. It isn't entirely DH's fault. I take blame too since I charge my phone close to the kitchen sink. But my phone was shot. Then trying to get out the door for music class, Evie upchucks her breakfast twice, resulting in outfit changes (for her, heavens, you know mommy never has time to change her shirt). Will is at the beginning stages of potty training. Going #2 is a big challenge. I find him right before nap time with a full load in his training pants. He doesn't like the feel of #2 in a diaper yet won't sit on the potty. So I come into the bathroom to find that he already took the initiative of taking off a full training pant. A 2-year-old isn't very neat, so there was #2 on him and on the bathroom floor. DH had a long day in the OR. Got home for a half hour before turning around to work a all night call shift. Will's cough got a lot worse last night. We think it is allergies. He coughed almost the whole night and wanted to be tucked in quite often. This makes for one tired momma when I still get up twice a night with Evie. Then a tired DH arrives home at 7:30 am from a 27 hr work day. Sleeps for four hours and tries to function for the day. This afternoon, Will cut open his chin on the coffee table. We thought he might need a stitch or two. But Dr. DH thought it would be fine. Guess Will thought he needed to have a matching one like his dad. And the Binger farm had "one of those days" too when the combine caught on fire in the bean field. What a story! Thankfully, everyone was alright. Just not the combine.
Oh, what a last 48 hours. Wish us luck for the rest of the week.
We all have them. And when I look back at my blog posts for September, I'll come across this and laugh. Right now - I'm too tired to laugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh, my goodness, shannon ~ wish i was close enough to come lend a hand :'( my grandma betty always said we were laughing when we should have been crying ~ sounds like you've had one of "those" weeks! love you to pieces & hope you all have a restful & uneventful weekend :) poor will, hope that darn cough gets better soon & yep, him & daddy are gonna have matching chins! love & hugs to all! xox
Wow! I knew all that happened in one day but to see it in print is quite overwhelming!! Let's hope that days like that don't come around again for a long time! Hugs to you all...
Post a Comment