Monday, April 16, 2012

Oh Parenting

Oh parenthood. Just when you think you got one challenge under control, another arises. After a month we think we have Will's bad cough under control. He's now on allergy and antibacterial medications. These seem to be doing the trick. No more coughing spells thru the night. However, this week Will has decided not to stay in his toddler bed. For the past 2 months, Will hasn't tried to escape. Yet, this week he seems to beat us to the door! Pretty frustrating. From reading online forums I think Will is realizing the big change coming into our lives. Many sites suggested when toddlers sense a big change, they will have separation anxiety. It seems to fit. He has no problem falling asleep if he knows Mommy or Daddy are right next to the bed. But this isn't a solution for a 35 1/2 week prego mommy! The floor is NOT comfortable. Every night I inch my way away from the bed but still laying on the floor. This seems to deter him from getting out of bed. We'll just see what next week brings. Any advice is appreciated!! I can't be doing this once Baby Girl arrives!

But I am thankful that I'm dealing with this issue and not sickness!

3 comments:

Tami LeFebvre said...

oh, Shannon ~ I am LOL at the visual of you inching your way across the floor every night!!! not too humerous from your vantage point, but thanks for sharing :) As I told DH, "this too, shall pass" ~ and grateful the cough is gone! love to all ~ Grammie T xox

Grammy D said...

Always the same advice from me--SEND HIM TO GRANDMAS!! haha

Unknown said...

I haven't done the TODDLER BED yet Shannon - but maybe put a gate in his door w/out shutting his door? I don't know -but I would be interested to see what works for you b/c we will soon be hitting the SAME ISSUE!

Does he have something like the Twilight Turtle in his room or maybe the glow in the dark stars to keep his attention to those?