Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Nursery

Finally, pictures of the completed nursery. A little background about the nursery. First, as you know from this blog we don't know the sex of Baby L. Second, we rent our twin home while DH has been in medical school and now during this first year of residency. Therefore, we can't paint the room. My goal was to create a calm, family inspired nursery on a small budget incorporating sentimental family items. Most of the small accessories where either taken from another room in our home or handmade. That way when we move I won't feel quilty if I decide on a new concept for the little Miss or Mr.

Looking into the room


Changing table with refinished dresser that came from my parents home


Nursery sitting area


Crib with homemade mobile and paintings


Baby pillow made by my Mom and embroidered by my Grandma


Teddy Bear made from a wool coat that was my Mom's from her Grandma (so my Great Grandma)
DH's favorite stuff animal as a child


Baby photos of Mommy and Daddy


A personal touch to the paintings with our initials "carved" into the tree

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love it, Shannon, it is very beautiful! I hope you are doing well and hanging in there! 37 weeks is almost here!

Unknown said...

Love the nursery!! Hope you are doing well. Thinking and praying for the three of you!