Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me


Yep, I turned 29 today. The last year of my twenties. I feel great. I'm not bitter about leaving the 20s behind. I'm not hesitant of turning 30 next year. I'm just enjoying it.

My day started out like any other day with a toddler in the house. I was woken up at 5:15 AM. As I plopped onto the couch with Will, DH was about ready to walk out the door for work when he stopped, gave us kisses goodbye, wished me a happy birthday, and said Will got up so early 'cause he was so excited to wish me a happy birthday.  :)  cute
The rest of our morning was typical; Will squirmed away during a poopy diaper changing and threw a handful of tampons into the toilet bowl while I was trying to get ready for the day. (Getting ready means I was just trying to comb my hair and brush my teeth.)

Yesterday DH came home with a yummy red velvet birthday cake from a local bakery store and flowers. So we've been savoring our sweet dessert since we are still doing a no carb diet. I also got to take a walk with a good friend and her two adorable boys. And tonight we got a babysitter while we went to a Japanese steakhouse called Osaka. It was good. And the big plus was that they didn't serve chicken nuggets, pizza or tacos.

DH had asked what I wanted for my birthday and all I could think of was a pedicure. So tomorrow I have time scheduled for DH to watch Will so I can go get a pedi. Might not sound like much but I'm so looking forward to sitting peacefully, having my feet groomed, and reading a good tabloid magazine.

It was a good birthday and I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.


2 comments:

Tami LeFebvre said...

sounds like you had a wonderful day!!! your birthday cake is soooo pretty ~ hope you enjoy at least a little slice :) have fun & RELAX today while you pamper your toes! love & hugs to you and your guys ~ xoxox

Mom said...

Glad you had an 'eventful' birthday. And a chance for a special dinner-you deserve that break!! Have a fun weekend in Sioux Falls!