Monday, September 12, 2011

Charleston Weekend

We had a fun weekend in Charleston, South Carolina visiting Justin and his wife, Liz. DH and Justin went to medical school together and haven't seen each other for over two years. Plus they are both huge Bears fans. The boys got to do some golfing on Saturday. DH even saw a few alligators on the golf course. We ate at a fabulous coastal restaurant with a great view of dolphins swimming in the distant sunset. We toured downtown Charleston, which has great colonial architecture and lots of history (thanks to Justin for being an awesome tour guide). I think in my second life, I'll be a Southern. I loved everything about the South. Especially the homes. A dream of mine would be to someday own a home with the same great architecture features as these homes have. On Sunday the boys got to watch a fun Chicago Bears game while Liz and I went shopping. Such a fun weekend! We can't wait to visit again - maybe the next time without a toddler.  ;)

Eating on the deck of the restaurant

Downtown Charleston



In a park in the downtown area

Will wanted his picture taken and was showing his "say cheese" face

Liz and his "cheese" face

Liz and I outside where we ate brunch, Jacob's

The I'on community (yes, that is a suburb of Charleston)

loved all the spanish moss on the trees

Another view of the I'on town
One of my favorite homes. Loved the brown doors and windows with the black shutters

Go Bears!

2 comments:

Tami LeFebvre said...

oh my goodness! that looks ABSOLUTELY BeAuTiFuL!!! hope to visit there someday:) You all look wonderful ~ so happy you are having such an awesome adventure! Love & hugs to all with an extra squeeze for Will! xoxox

Grammy D said...

Wow! I see what you mean about being beautiful and unique. Awesome! And anytime you want to visit again without 'the toddler', Grammy D is available!! :) Love to you all...