Can you believe Lent starts today?! In our household DH is Catholic and I am not. But we always said that we would share each other's religious traditions. DH usually gives up something (I don't). Last year instead of giving up something we agreed as a family that we'd strengthen our spiritual well-being by praying every night before supper. It's been a whole year and I am happy to say that we have a new tradition in our household. I'm so proud of us. It is now just habit for us to pray before our meal. When we were thinking about this year I decided that I needed to work on my own spiritual connection. Starting at the first of the year I began reading a daily devotional book called, Jesus Calling. DH is giving up sweets and his occasional beer he has with supper.

1 comment:
Happy Ash Wednesday! Yes, that is hard to believe. You guys are doing a great job of balancing your religious backgrounds. I'm proud of you too!!
Post a Comment